Design Technology Limited (t/a 3D Printing Services, 3D Printer Store)
Warranty Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions We refer to the issuer of Your Warranty as ‘We‘, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’
Breakdown – means a breakdown of a covered Item, whether a result of mechanical issues or electrical issues that affects the functionality or operation of the Covered Item. Covered Item – means the item identified on Our Tax Invoice, being an 3D Printing Services Product which You purchased from Us.
3D Printing Services Warranty – means warranty for the Covered Item, the terms, conditions and Exclusions of which are set out in this document. Dollar Limits – the maximum amount payable by Us under this 3D Printing Services Warranty will be the original Purchase Price of Your Covered Item (inclusive of GST) per claim. Exclusions – means the circumstances that are not covered by the 3D Printing Services Warranty as set out in these terms and conditions. Purchase Price – means the purchase price of the Covered Item specified on the Tax Invoice, inclusive of GST. Replacement Terms – means the paragraphs in this document under the heading “Replacement Terms”. Tax Invoice – means the tax invoice that We issued to You for the Covered Item You have purchased. We, Us, Our – means 3D Printing Services from whom You purchased the Covered Item. You, Your – means the purchaser to whom We have issued Our Tax Invoice
Subject to the Exclusions and Dollar Limits, 3D Printing Services Warranty provides You with peace of mind for any Breakdown of Your Covered Item, whether as a result of mechanical issues or electrical issues that affects the functionality or operation of Your Covered Item. This means that, under 3D Printing Services Warranty, if a Covered Item suffers a Breakdown at any time during the term of Your warranty period, the Covered Item will be repaired or replaced. This warranty is valid only for the Australian and New Zealand Market.
Your remedies under 3D Printing Services Warranty
During the period of 3D Printing Services Warranty, if You choose to make a claim under 3D Printing Services Warranty and it suffers a Breakdown that does not fall within the categories of Exclusions, then We will, at Our discretion:
- Repair the Covered Item; or
- Replace the Covered Item in accordance with our Replacement Terms.
We will usually attempt to repair the Covered Item in the first instance, in which case we will work with you to identify the nature of the issue by phone or email and where possible supply the replacement parts to you. Alternatively, we will direct You to the nearest service centre. However, We will not always elect to repair the Covered Item (for example, if We determine that repairs are unlikely to be effective or economical) and in those cases, We will replace the item in accordance with the Replacement Terms.
Repair Notice: You should be aware that, in some circumstances, goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
If We elect to replace the Covered Item then We will replace the Covered Item with an identical item or, if an identical item is not available, an item with equivalent specifications to the Covered Item. The cost of replacement will not exceed the original Purchase Price of the Covered Item.
Note: The replacement product We supply may have a lower selling price than the Covered Item and is a replacement based on equivalent specifications. Replacement of a Covered Item is not limited to the original manufacturer’s brand due to availability of products and changes in technology. Where the original brand is no longer available for any reason, we may supply an equivalent product.
What is the duration of 3D Printing Services Warranty?
3D Printing Services Warranty commences on date of purchase of the product and ceases when either of the following occurs:
- The date that is twelve (12) months after the date of purchase for printers; or
- The date that is three (3) months after the date of purchase for parts, consumables and accessories and the like.
What if I sell the Covered Item?
If You sell the Covered Item, 3D Printing Services Warranty cannot be transferred to the new owner.
What are the limits to Our liability under 3D Printing Services Warranty?
The maximum amount payable by Us under 3D Printing Services Warranty will be the original Purchase Price of Your Covered Item (inclusive of GST) per claim. We may avoid or reduce a claim under 3D Printing Services Warranty if You make any misrepresentation or any fraudulent or dishonest act or omission in connection with the claim.
The following ITEMS, COSTS and CLAIMS are excluded from cover. There are some costs that are not covered by 3D Printing Services Warranty and which You will have to pay in the event of a claim, unless You are able to recover those costs from another person. These are as follows:
If required, you must deliver the Product to the Service Agent at your cost, 3D Printing Services will cover the return cost back to you. It is at your risk to transport the product to the nearest service centre. 3D Printing Services do not accept liability for loss or damage;
- Any cost associated with access, repair, removal, replacement, installation or reinstallation of the Covered Item, unless this has been approved by Us and where the cost is in addition to the costs of assessment and any freight costs;
- Normal maintenance costs, including costs relating to the cleaning, lubrication, alignment, tuning, reprogramming or adjustment to the Covered Item;
- Any loss, damage, cost or expense in relation to loss of use or consequential loss resulting from any Breakdown of the Covered Item.
CLAIMS: what are the Exclusions?
3D Printing Services Warranty does not cover any of the following components or specific conditions:
- Normal Wear and Tear
○ Normal wear and tear is not covered, that is, problems with the operation or functionality of the Covered Item as a result of normal usage within manufacturer’s recommendations; or
○ Nozzles, extruder blocks (parts of the print head), heaters, sensors, perfboards, filament, scrapers, cutters, knifes, included tools and accessories.
○ Breakdown as a result of improper or unauthorised modification or repair;
○ Breakdown caused by a failure to follow the manufacturer’s installation or operating instructions; or
○ Breakdown caused by, but not limited to, accidental or deliberate damage, neglect, abuse, wilful act, misuse, theft, foreign particles, liquid damage, abnormally corrosive conditions, rust, mildew and mould; excessive heat, moisture or dampness.; or
○ Breakdown as a result of overloading.
- Consumable products and accessories
○ Breakdown or consumption of consumable products such as cables, cords, cartridges, software items, filters, filaments, tools, perfboards, nozzles and the like; or
○ Breakdown of any accessories provided by the manufacturer with the Covered Item; or
○ Breakdown of any accessories not provided by the manufacturer with the Covered Item.
- External sources
○ Breakdown resulting from external sources including but not limited to infestation, flood, fire, interference, external wiring and connections, or noncompatibility of accessory equipment, electrical interference, power surges and voltage fluctuations; or
○ Loss of software, data, floppy disks or CDROM disks as a result of viruses, malfunction or damage of an operating part.
- Non‐operating or cosmetic deterioration
○ Any issues arising as a result of nonoperating or cosmetic deterioration that do not affect the functionality or operation of the Covered Item.
- Inherent defects announced by manufacturer
○ Breakdown caused by inherent defects such as date noncompliance, preexisting defects, recalls or design defects where the manufacturer has notified the public of such defects; or
○ A Covered Item that is subject to a manufacturer recall.
- Serial number is damaged or illegible
○ If the Covered items serial number is damaged or illegible the warranty may be void.
- Third party accessories
○ The use of nonapproved third party accessories may result in damage to the covered item will not be covered by this warranty.
What do You do if Your item breaks down?
Review the manufacturer’s product manuals and instructions, as this will often pinpoint what is wrong and advise You how to remedy the issue.
You can choose to:
- make a claim with 3D Printing Services and bear the costs;
- make a claim against 3D Printing Services or the manufacturer if there has been a breach of a consumer guarantee under Australian Consumer Law; or
- make a claim under 3D Printing Services Warranty.
To make a claim under 3D Printing Services Warranty, You will need to lodge a claim through one of the following methods:
- Online at 3dprintingservices.co.nz/contact-us
- Call the Us on 09 600 2054
- Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide your name and address, model, serial number, date of purchase, a copy of your Tax Invoice and a complete description of the problem. This information will help 3D Printing Services provide fast assistance. Remember, any costs associated with repair, removal or installation of the Covered Item will not be paid unless first approved by Us.
By requesting and accepting this 3D Printing Services Warranty, You will be supplying Us with personal information which We will hold so that We can administer Your 3D Printing Services Warranty, including processing claims and responding to Your queries. The information is held by Us and may be disclosed to the company who covers Us for Our liability to You under 3D Printing Services Warranty and to other companies to enable the administration and management of 3D Printing Services Warranty or to service providers such as assessors and loss adjusters in the event of a claim. With some exceptions You have rights of access to and correction of information upon request.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
New Zealand Customers
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the New Zealand Consumer Law.
Design Technology Limited T/A 3D PRINTING SERVICES – 3D Printer Store (Supplier)
POLICY REGARDING RETURNS AND WARRANTY
Preamble: 3D Printers are sensitive pieces of equipment and to avoid any damage to the product. We will only accept 3D Printers for return that have shipping clips (that hold the movements in place) and packaged inside original foam packaging. As damage will most probable occur if the original packaging is not used correctly.
1) The Supplier is committed to excellent customer service and compliance with the Consumer Guarantee Act. However, because the 3D Printer technology is new and open to abuse by consumers who may want to try the printer without actually buying, The Supplier is not prepared to accept returned printers once the printer box has been opened and the printer taken out of its box.
2) The customer MUST not return the printer to the retailer if they have any problems as this could cause damage.
3) The Supplier guarantees its 3D Printers for 12 months from date of purchase.
4) If a customer has any technical or maintenance problem with a 3D Printer, then they should contact the Supplier by either telephone or e-mail. They will be given a unique ticket number and the problem will be logged.
5) If the problem is a technical one then the Supplier will help them with technical advice.
6) If the problem is a maintenance problem then the Supplier will either solve the problem on the telephone or if a spare part is needed then this will be immediately couriered to the customer and on receipt the customer should contact the Supplier for help with the installation of the replacement part.
7) In the unlikely event that the problem cannot be solved, then the Customer will arrange for the printer to be sent to the supplier address. Any courier charges will be borne by the customer. The Customer will be responsible for all transport costs.
8) If the problem cannot be solved, then the Supplier at their discretion will either repair or replace the printer. The repair or replacement may use similar refurbished parts of similar value or capability where appropriate. In case of replacement, refurbished 3d printers similar to the model sent may be sent as form of replacement for the unit that is faulty.
Promotional Sale Terms & Conditions:
These Terms & Conditions are additional to our standard terms of sale & apply our promotions.
In its valid context, ‘sale’, ‘special’, ‘promotion’ refers to these advertised offers that offer a discount or pricing that is different to the usual price of the product, or the product has been newly introduced & thus promoted at a lower price than its future expected price.
Sale starts as per date advertised.
Full payment must have cleared in our account before we send the item.
Sale items exclude Layby or any such payment arrangement unless discussed prior.
We will aim to send items out asap, however please allow us some time to catchup with the weeks backlog of orders.
Thank you for understanding.
In case the item sells out after you have paid, we will promptly refund you.
We genuinely apologise for the inconvenience if that happens.
We normally keep accurate count of inventory however for items like plastic rolls a particular colour may sell out in which case we will offer you the option to swap to a different colour or give you a refund.
No rain check, no back orders.
In some cases we may give customers the option to wait for new stock.
This is strictly on a case by case basis depending on the items bought & at our discretion.
Not valid with any other offers. Only 1 discount will be applicable on the order.
Technical errors that cause the discount to activate on the wrong products or outside of the period above will not qualify.
If such orders are made, we have the right to cancel the sale & refund the amount.
Any questions please contact us & we will do our best to reply as soon as possible.